· Help Wesley and his best friend, Logan identify ten different kinds of wildlife or evidence of it like a nest for a scout requirement. Ten minutes into the nature walk, Wesley states he has to pee. He veers off the path and comes back with 8 ticks on him. When he sees one on his shirt, he tries to tear off all his clothes. I get them all off but find 5 more on me. We leave the park without finding even one stinking squirrel.
· Finish watching season 3 of the Walking Dead. Right when Rick is being stabbed by an old friend, BAM. The power goes out. However the fridge, the garage and my bedroom are still working. We have no air. For the record, it hit 95 degrees at 2:00 p.m.
· Take the kids to the pool. Of course, this falls off to the wayside while I consult my neighbor for an electrician reference. We had no internet, TMobile coverage is sketchy at best and we have no phone book. I find one on my cell while standing on top of my car’s hood.
· Fold clothes. While waiting for an electrician, Wesley throws a fit like he was a male Honey Boo Boo (I still don’t know that is but someone compared their unruly daughter to her). He wanted to swim at the YMCA instead of waiting for the “stupid” power to come on. Instead of holding on to the dogs when the electrician comes, he lets them loose in my room where I had just folded two loads of laundry. If I smell like dog at church Sunday, that is why.
· Cook a pork roast for dinner. No power; no pork.
· Check up on Dave who had an important appointment today. Every time he called, TMobile dropped. This happened 7 times.
· Clean the bathrooms. One toilet was completely clogged. That kid “I Don’t Know” did it according to Wesley. Regan said it was “Not Me”.
Go ahead, God. Press the “SMITE” button.